Sunday, October 05, 2008

Tomorrow.....

I guess you would say that tomorrow officially starts a new chapter in my life as a medical student. I am starting my three months of surgery in the morning. I feel like this rotations is going to be a catch 22. I am the only student and yet, I AM the only student. I will get all of the attention and educational opportunities that being the only student lends to. However, I will be the only student so all of the responsibility, scut work, and windfall comes to me. I hope it is more of the former. I am actually quite nervous, though I know I should not be.

On another note, we joined the YMCA on Friday. Surprisingly to us, it is very nice with a lot of opportunities. For instance, there is an entire pilates studio with pilates trainers, if interested. Also, there are step classes, yoga classes, dance classes, and swimming in the two indoor pools. They also have an outdoor walking track, outdoor pool in the summer, basketball leagues and of course, your typical exercise equipment, weights, and locker rooms. I need to lose weight (like always, my constant nemesis), so it is good we joined. Plus, maybe we can meet some people.

I will let everyone know how it goes....if anyone still reads. Maybe I just write on here now for posterity's sake. Oh well!!! Have a great week!
~nat

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We still read!!!

Anonymous said...

I still read, too. Good luck.
Daniel