Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Last New York Call...

So last night as my last overnight call while in NYC. I am finishing pediatrics next week, and this past week and a half I have been at St. John's hospital. We are required to do one over night call...And MINE IS OVER. Granted, I did not do much. Well, nothing really. The doctor told us to get dinner and she would call us after, and she never did. So we (the other girl I was with, Alycia) ironically had two choices. One, share a twin bed with each other or Two, one take the bed and the other sleep on an empty patient recliner. I took the recliner and slept there. I guess it is like JT said..."It is better than nothing." So, at least on this call I did get to sleep. But, it is a little bit of a celebration because this means the next time I spend the night in the hospital for call, I will be in Somerset!!! Since I was able to rest today, I am catching up on all of the shows I have on DVR (Gossip Girl, House, Biggest Loser)

Another good thing.... JT is coming home from Texas today. I have really missed that man. I can't wait for him to come home and we can enjoy our last few days in NYC. We have a few things left to do. We are going to go to the Brooklyn Bridge sometime at the end of this week. You can go on top and walk across it from Manhattan to Brooklyn, or vice versa. We are also going to a Cubs vs Mets game next Tuesday.

The last few days while JT has been gone I have been hanging out with my friends. Over the weekend, Kim, the girl I lived with in Dominica, came over. We watched football and just hung out. I also took her to see where Frank and Estelle Costanza lived (they are George's parents from Seinfeld) and it is here in Astoria. My friend Paige came back to NYC on Sunday after taking her Step 2 exam, so I have been able to hang out with her the last few days. We went to see "The Women." It is the new movie out with Meg Ryan, Annette Benning, Jada Pinkett Smith, Debra Messing, Bette Midler, Candace Bergen, Eva Mendez, and other famous women I can't remember. It was hilarious because there was not one man in the entire movie. I won't tell you anymore. But it was a great movie to see with your girlfriends....only girlfriends would understand it. Not as funny as I thought it would be but still good in a different way.

Oh well...back to my Tivo-ed shows. Have a great day!
~nat

No comments: