Saturday, September 20, 2008

Brooklyn Bridge with a ton of pictures....

So JT and I have been wanting to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge since coming to NYC. One of the girls in my peds rotation told me that on the Brooklyn side there is a great pizza place and ice cream place. Also, I have been wanting to go this place in the East Village area called Pommes Frites that I saw on Tori Spelling and Dean show, the first season...(Please do not judge me for watching it. It made me feel a little smarter.) So, yesterday, since JT is finished with working and I got out early, we decided to head to city to try all of this out. We took my friend Paige with us, and I must say, it was one of the most fun days we have had in NYC. We walked all over the place, ate good food, and laughed like crazy. To top it all off, we came home and watched AnchorMan and Baby Mama. Baby Mama, in my opinion was not great, but sour patch kids and pringles make every movie better.

This place, Pommes Frites, is a hole in the wall that sells Belgian French Fries with over thirty dipping sauces for the fries....YUMMY. We tried the mango chutney, pomegranate teriyaki, and wasabi mayo. The mango chutney was my favorite. It was our first stop of the day. This is JT ordering the fries for us....

Paige and I both took pictures with the fries because we are dorks. That is a prerequisite for medical school, by the way. We all three shared the one order because it was huge.

JT and Paige were beginning to get annoyed with me wanting to take pictures. They did not know this was only the beginning.
Here is the outside of the place. I do not know who all those girls were, but as you can see, it is a hole in the wall.
Our second stop, after walking down Bowery through industrial kitchen supply stores and part of Chinatown, was Little Italy. They were having a street fair on Mulberry. Little Italy used to be larger but Chinatown has pretty much overtaken it. All of the restaurants had deals and street vendors were everywhere.
JT was drinking a pina colada/strawberry daquiri mix and in the other hand was roasted peanuts... I think this pictures is so cute.
So we kept walking through lower Manhattan but were not quite sure where to go to walk onto the Brooklyn Bridge... SO JT ASKED FOR DIRECTIONS. Yes, a man asked for directions. I thought it needed to captured on film for posterity.
Then we realized we all three needed to pee. Guys have it much easier than girls by not needing to be in as close proximity to the toilet seat. This may have been the most disgusting bathroom ever. Paige agreed...Even worse than some on the island... JT thinks it was on NYPD Blue one time...YUCK, is all I can say.
JT took over taking pictures here. He is better at "city-scapes"..... This is lower Manhattan.
This is me and Paige, obviously, with Manhattan behind us.
Me and JT.....
We were looking northeast towards Queens. This is the Manhattan and in the distance, Williamsburg, bridges.
What a beautiful picture with the Statue of Liberty in the background.
JT got this shot of midtown from the bridge.
Likely JT's best shot ever.
Only in New York would you see a parking meter with this written on it...
Here is the yummy pizza place in Brooklyn. It is so popular that there is a line out front all the way down the block. Luckily we only had to wait 15 or 20 minutes because we were there early.
...from underneath the bridge.
Lower Manhattan just at sunset....
And lastly, while walking back to the F train, we randomly saw these silly metal cut-out things. Of course, I wanted a picture. I was touching the metal lady's breast.... AWKWARD.
So as you can see, we had a great day. It was honestly one of the best New York days. Plus, the weather here is perfect. Sunny, 70s, with a breeze. It should stay that way till we move next week. Anyways. Have a great weekend. Sorry there are so many pictures but I thought it was time for pictures after so long....

1 comment:

Granna said...

Natalie & JT, I'm jealous! Wow what great photos...makes me miss the big apple. I would love to visit NYC 4 times a year (seasonal visits.) You and JT are making wonderful memories. I hope you are keeping an album or journal.

I loved the smells of Little Italy and the food was heavenly. Go to Serendipity for shephards pie and frozen hot chocolate. NYC, a great place to be. Thinking of you. Love Laura Fox