Friday, August 29, 2008

A Set of Lungs...

Today was the last day of my week in the nursery, and I will truly miss it. The nurses are kind and happy and pleasant to be around, unlike most other floors. The doctors, in general, are more optimistic and love to teach. And the patients do not talk back. They are precious, cute and tiny. and man can they cry!!!! They lose their minds over the smallest thing. Their swaddles blanks come unwrapped.....they cry. Someone bumps their cradle....they scream. They pee a little bit.....they lose their minds!!!! It is amazing that fixing the smallest detail can eliminate their problem and stop their crying or do just the opposite and escalate the issue....

Anyways.... it was my last day and I really enjoyed it. The others gave me a hard time because I would hold the babies like a football. I mean it makes sense to me....they are protected just like I protect a football. Oh well!

We do not have much planned for the weekend. I was supposed to run a 10k on Sunday but I have not trained well enough for it. I know.....I am soft. We may go tour West Point tomorrow, but we have not made up our minds.... I hope everyone else has a good weekend.
~nat

No comments: