Sunday, June 22, 2008

Tomb from the Roman Empire-era. Notice Natalie sticking her head in the opening!
View of the "Ghost-Busters Building" from Central Park
Actual Egyptian temple that is over 3000 years old that was discovered in the 1800's
Marble sculpture of Christ's burial from Spain
Nat atop the rooftop garden at the Met

This is JT blogging to you today. Above are some pictures of part of our Saturday together. It was an official "date day" for Nat and I. We started the day by visiting the Met Museum which you can see in some of the pictures. They had some really cool exhibits from ancient Egypt and Europe that we really enjoyed. After the museum, Natalie and I walked over to Central Park and hung out with thousands of our closest friends!

For dinner we visited Bar Americain. It is one of Bobby Flay's restaurants- a favorite chef of Natalie's. The food was phenomenal. We had crab cakes, tuna, asparagus and french fries.

Today, Natalie and I participated in the Hope and Possibility 5 mile race in Central Park. It is a race for able bodied and disabled athletes. It was amazing to run with numerous soldiers who were double amputees and still finished the 5 miles. I am continually impressed by the character of our military men and women. There were also many other people in wheelchairs and assisted by seeing-eye dogs. Needless to say, I dared not complain when I got a slight cramp in my calf during the last up-hill climb.

I am running in the NYC Half-Marathon in five weeks. My training is going well. I do not know how smart it was to sign up for a marathon in NYC in July!.! The training can be brutal sometimes. However, I really enjoy running and it keeps me in shape.

I hope you are all doing well. We would love to hear from you. Drop us an email or a reply on the blog.

No comments: