Wednesday, May 28, 2008


"Universal Law #2. When God closes a door, He opens a window & then it usually rains & the water damage is a minimum of 2 times as much as your highest estimate." www.storypeople.com I thought this quote was humorous since my dad, stepdad, and husband all work for State Farm Insurance.

Here are some new pictures from this past weekend. We walked about four miles from our apartment, over the walking bridge to Roosevelt Island. It is a small island between Queens and Manhattan. It is about 98% residential with only one Starbucks, two restaurants and a grocery store. It felt almost like a college campus complete with an athletic facility.... The weekend was gorgeous. There was also a street fair near our house complete with funnel cakes, Mister Softie ice cream truck, karaoke (someone was singing Kentucky Rain by Elvis, funny), and all kinds of cheap merchandise. We had a great smoothie these guys were making with fresh fruit.

I have two days left of psych, thankfully. I know my sister, who works as a nurse tech in psych, but I can't imagine doing it... Granted, as someone who wants a family, the hours are great and the residency is short. However, I just do not like it as much as other fields of medicine....So if I can through a test tomorrow, my last night of ER call, and Friday morning, I will be home free!!!! I have a week off before I start Hem/Onc. My in-laws, Sharon and Jimmy, are visiting Wed-Sun of next week, and they have never been to NYC. It should be fun. We are going to see Grease one night. JT and his dad are going to a Yankees game, so his mom and I may go to another play that night....

Well, I am going to go! The Cubs are actually on TV, finally, tonight and my favorite player is pitching....Carlos Zambrano.... Plus, Detriot and Boston are coming on too... What a night for sports!

~Natalie

No comments: