Thursday, February 22, 2007




(The first picture is of my friend Jay and me at the Super Bowl party. The second picture is of me and my friend Eunice at a birthday party at Sunset Bay.)












TODAY was/is my birthday. I am posting this at midnight.....so it is close to 2/23/07. I have a lot to tell you about life and today. First of all, my friends made today a very very special day. That is why I had to give a shout out in the quote to all my Dominica friends....they are great! The best news though came when JT told me on Monday night that he is coming to visit March 15-18. That is the weekend of my 4th semester banquet. I am so excited. We are going to stay at Fort Young and enjoy the time together. I am SOOOOO excited!


As far as today, where should I begin? Well, I started the day by running three miles at the gym. I then came home and got ready for ICM and headed to school. When I walked in the classroom, I was so surprised. My great friend, Lisa Foody, had decorated my desk. There was a "Happy Birthday" sign hanging from the ceiling, signs posted on the desk, a wonder gift bag of gifts, sorrell juice, a bouquet of flowers, and other goodies. My friend Lindsey brought me a chocolate sucker. My friend Laurel made me pumpkin spice Starbucks coffee and left it for me. IT was such a great surprise. Lisa also bought me a great lunch from the shacks....
I then went to ICM which was really a bummer. I was super frustrated and down about that....About that time, my friend Eunice (same girl from the above picture) came in the classroom to see me, saying she needed to talk to me. I am so extremely HAPPPPPYYYYY because she has decided to stay for fifth semester in Dominica. It makes so, well i can't put words to it. Then my friends had a professor, Dr. Tomlinson, sing happy birthday to me. I sat through the rest of class having everyone wishing me a happy birthday because of the sign above my head......AND Rakesh, a friend I have had since first semester, bought me a wonderful piece of chocolate cake.
My friend Lindsey bought me a salmon dinner and brownie for dinner.....yummie. Then I was going to Maria's to watch Grey's Anatomy. I was planning to watch Grey's with Eunice, Maria, Lisa, Laurel, Kyle, Kristy, and Amy....however, we did not only watch the show, but they had me a cake with pink icing and singing and ice cream and chocolate syrup. It was so sweet and thoughtful. After Grey's, I came home to find Kim had written a happy birthday message on the white board in my room. All this was on top of my emails, internet messages, numerous phone calls, and Happy Birthday wishes. Sorry to those of you I did not talk to. I was gone all day. I will be calling around tomorrow.
I even get to celebrate my birthday again tomorrow because we (me, lisa, lisa, lindsey, puja, kim, eunice, and laurel) are going to blue bay for my birthday dinner. I also get to play basketball, which is naturally a highlight of my week. Saturday I am doing the AMSA health clinic and playing more basketball and then Bible study....I really look forward to my bible study with my girls. I hope to have more pictures after this weekend! I love you guys and thank you for your love!
~nat

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nat,
It sounds to me like I need to come there to have some fun!!! What great friends to make your day so special for you.

"When your dreams turn to dust --vacuum!" I saw that the other day and it made me smile. Reading your blog makes me smile....love you bunches!! Aunt Kat

Anonymous said...

HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY! I am horrible! You are getting old... ;). I am glad that you have great friends and they made your birthday so special! I am super excited about jt getting to come visit! Sounds like a heck of a birthday to me!! love you! kati