Saturday, December 09, 2006


Today I went the memorial service for Dr. Arthur Schipul. He was a clinical medicine professor here at Ross that died Wednesday morning in his sleep. He was such a caring and exciting professor. Gretch actually saw him in action during a blood pressure clinic when she visited. His service really made me think about who I am and how I would be remembered. Dr. Schipul and his wife had such a strong relationship. Today a student told a story of Dr. Schipul saying that despite 49 years of marriage, he still wants to spend every free minute with his wife. That really made me think about the kind of marriage I want. Also, hearing students and faculty telling stories of who he was as a teacher, a man, a friend, a Christian....I actually teared up. It really made think I am lucky to have JT. But I also thought about people really think of me. I try to be good, loving, sincere person but sometimes (especially as of late) I have felt like anything but. I just really want to use this experience to rethink how I live to make sure that when I am gone, people will look back and think highly of me. Moreover, I want them to think of me as a Christian woman, wife, doctor, and mother (someday).
Anyways, I am going back to studying. Have a good weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought of something else I like about Christmas. Snowmen. They are so cute. Brian and I went to the big flea market (my first time) and everywhere were these adorable snowmens. On the epitath front, I always figured my family would say something like "Oh, she had so much potential...." Love you Natalie, can't wait to see you, when does your plane land?

Anonymous said...

So I have yahoo now!! and I can't find you!! my yahoo ID is kbwilkinson21 ...FIND ME

Natalie Henderson said...

So, Kati, I added you and I am replying! Can't wait to see you.
~NAT

Anonymous said...

I can not wait to see you. I also cannot wait for JT to see you and for you to see JT.
The things I love about Christmas is having all the children home, fixing everyones' favorite food, looking back at Christmas pictures, seeing Grethen's cheering face on XMAS morning. I miss Natalie helping me with the tree. I miss watching Nat wait on Gretchen and Wes. My list is long but all my memories include the blessing of having such a great family.