Wednesday, September 06, 2006


















Some think it's holding on that makes one strong; sometimes it's letting go.
Sylvia Robinson

Have you ever thought about who you really are? Better yet, have you ever considered who you are to other people? I was just thinking of it recently. How do people really see me? When someone thinks of Natalie Henderson, what exactly do they think of? I began thinking of this after going home to Stanford and Somerset, especially since the plane crash in Lexington.....what would people have said of me if I were on that plane? I was in Coleman's drug store in Stanford, Kentucky buying my favorite drink, an orange aide, when I saw a gentleman I have known all of my life. He was talking to me about how he loved the way that I played basketball in high school. I began to wonder if people from my hometown still see that version of me, the high school basketball player that lived in Dix River who was pretty smart and a decent kid. I know, this may seem like self-actualization crap to some of you. However, it is really something I would like to know....when people hear my name, what comes to mind....?

In case you did not know, I am back in Dominica. I am actually in Microbiology class right now......what a blast! I am taking Micro, Pharmocology, Pathology, and Behavioral Science this semester. It is nice to be doing something different. I decided to be an anatomy teacher's assistant...I may live to regret it but I thought it would be a good review for my board exam.

Anyways....I hope things are well at home. I love and miss everyone greatly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One thing I will always remember about you when you were little is when you laughed so hard when we sang,
"Choppen Broccoleeeee" So, do you remember that?

Natalie Henderson said...

I do not remember that.....what are the details?