Tuesday, July 04, 2006


"We lay there & looked up at the night sky & she told me about stars called blue squares & red swirls & I told her I'd never heard of them. Of course not, she said, the really important stuff they never tell you. You have to imagine it on your own."

This is a giant block of whatever is most difficult for you to carry & trust me on this, you'll carry it more times than you can count until you decide that's exactly what you want to do most & then it won't weigh a thing anymore.

Of course I hang on tight, she said. You can't believe the kind of stuff that happens when you let go.

Time stands still best in moments that look suspiciously like ordinary life.

She held her grief behind her eyes like an ocean & when she leaned forward into the day it spilled onto the floor & she wiped at it quickly with her foot & pretended no one had seen.

~All of these are from www.storypeople.com.




Happy 4th of July! We are still in class, so happy fourth to us. Studying how to take a psychiatric history is great celebration. JT's family is having their big party in an hour....I am quite jealous. All of the good food and family. Also, my mom is in Fripp Island at my Aunt Pam's beach house. Basically, she is MIA on the beach. I can not blame her. I know you all think I am in some tropical island with beaches everywhere. It really is not like that, by the way. Class does not lend itself to 'beach time'. Anyways, I hope everyone has a great holiday. Take some good pictures and send them to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»