Saturday, March 18, 2006






You must do the thing you think you cannot do
Eleanor Roosevelt (I really like this quote a lot. I have started studying hard and going to the gym hard so it reminds that I can get through it if I puzh myself hard enough. I guess that is like anything in life. However, we just have to believe it.)


(Pictures: 1st: Me at the look out point in Roseau, 2nd: Gretchen at Scott's Head with the Atlantic Ocean on her Right and the Caribbean Sea on her Left, 3rd: Gretchen and I at Sunset Beach Club Restaurant and Hotel, 4th: Me and my friend Shruti at dinner, 5th: Gretch, Kim, Shruti and I at dinner at Sunset. I have many many more pics I will post in the upcoming days.)

Now that Gretchen is gone I will be able to update more often, but I do not promise everyday because I have only 31 days left of the semester and 4 tests in that time period. I had so much fun with Gretchen. The first day we went to a blood pressure clinic I had to attend, but she actually taught me how to do it at home. Actually she taught both me and Kim how to. She laughed about it saying, "I am actually teaching something to medical students." That night we ate at the Tomato, walked the pier on the ocean at PBH, and hung out here. On Wednesday, I had class to five and Gretch was going to go to the pool and beach. However, the sun did not come out at all. That is the night we went to Sunset with Kim and Shruti. Thursday was the best. My friend, Rosey...he is a local cab driver....took us on a complete island tour. We went everywhere....the Carib territory and bought lots of the souveniers and ate mangos and drank coconut juice.....the Emerald Pool which is a waterfall and swimming hole in the rain forest.....a little restaurant in the hills of Dominica that had great pizza......Scott's Head which is pictured above.....Roseau.......and back home along the west coast. We were gone for about 10 hours. We had so much fun and Gretch fell in love with the coconuts. She is really great sister and I miss her and worry about her dearly. I was glad she took her time and money to come and see me. It was really nice because my uncle Dean and Mom and Dad all sent her with money so we were able to do a lot more.


Well I better go study. I have been slacking today and I have lots to do. I will add more later.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Natalie, I'm so proud of your work/study ethic. I remember that after spending an 8-12 hour day in class, I wasn't ready to come home an study more. Congrats on the A in anatomy! Oh yeah, I also liked your reference to the C7 dermatome. People here in Chicago like to show that one off frequenty!
Tara

Anonymous said...

Hello! I am so glad that yall had a great time! I can't wait to see the rest of the [ictures! love you!

Anonymous said...

Nat!!! My boss met Gretchen on the plane ride home! It was the first thing he told me this morning... what coincidence.