Sunday, February 12, 2006

ROSS UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
SEMESTER 1, MINI 1
TOP TEN LIST
  1. Why is everything a packet? Do we go to packet school or medical school?
  2. Studying in the library is equivalent to Grand Central Station; You can't study in Classroom Five because it is colder than the cadaver ice-box.
  3. What exactly is cAMP and what does it do?
  4. Is the word "capillaries" pronounced "CAP-illaries" or "caPILLaries"?
  5. All I needed to know about my mentrual cycle I learned from gossip in grade school, not Dr. Rajdeo Kalliecharan.
  6. Do you think my future patients will care that I know that when phosphatidylserine is on the outer leaflet of the plasma membrane it serves as an 'eat-me' signal and thus undergoes apoptosis?
  7. I have learned that despite the craze and praise for women to have a career first and babies later.....the rate of Down Syndrome is 1/350 for women at 35, 1/100 at 40 and 1/25 at 45....
  8. Guess what else I have learned.....Marijuana is addictive and dangerous....who knew? Ask Dr. Sharma, he will agree with me but let's see how long it takes the general population to accept this.
  9. The Shacks cause indigestion, diarrhea, constipation, acid reflux, and other unpleasantries. Unless you want to turn in your exam early to run to the bathroom, which more than likely do not have toilet paper or paper towels eat at the Shacks after the Mini.
  10. Should I have just skipped class and watched the videos like everyone else? We will see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nat, Keep your chin up and everything will be fine. Joey would like those shoes.

Love Dad