Saturday, February 25, 2006

l

No Words
I read once that the ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand & the Eskimos had a hundred words for snow. I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me while you sleep & there are no words for that. ~www.storypeople.com

I miss my husband very much today. I know, I know, it will all be worth it, and it will. However, I just really miss him. Just laughing with him and hearing him sing and spending lazy Sundays with him. I miss the way he would lay his hand on my hip at nightwhile he slept and how he would get mad at Wendy's in Athens and our apartment gate and the people who park in handicap spots. I miss everything about him except how he would get the sink wet when he shaves and the way he would never shut the shower curtain after a shower. I know I did annoying things too....like being messy and just saying okay instead of goodbye on the phone. I know now that I have taken him for granted in the past (like I have many more people), and that is, quite possibly, why I miss him so much now.

I guess it is started tonight when I was listening to his game. At halftime, the announcers said that JT Henderson wanted to tell his wife Natalie (me...) Happy Birthday and Hello. They said I was in med school in the West Indies and that I had just turned 23. They said they knew I would be listening because JT said I always listen....And, like always, I was. They said Hello from JT and that he loves me. I guess that is what is making me miss him so much.


My friend Kim is bringing over some food from Tomato's so hopefully it will cheer me up.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Hey Nat! Happy Birthday! I can't believe they blew that lead!!!