Friday, January 13, 2006





Trust Me......I'm Almost A Doctor!


By medicine life may be prolonged, yet death will seize the doctor too.
William Shakespeare

Like with most things I do, the quote above is very intentional. In not too many days, I will begin dissecting a cadaver. However, I don't think of this body as a cadaver right now. As I have seen them thus far, they are in blue body bags, but below the bags are someone's mothers and fathers and grandmas and best friends. I know that I have to form a sense of detachment and simultaneously deal with my own mortality. Yet, despite what will be required of me as part of educational pursuits, I still have a facet of my personality that feels deeply for people and values relationships to the point that cutting dead people surmounts feelings of educational progress and teeters on the border seriously disturbing. I will move beyond this; our first lab focuses on these issues. They do not make us dissect on the first day for reasons of apprehension from more students than me. I just wanted to express my feelings regarding this.

Today was a good day. After class at eleven, I was going to work out but after catching up with Raquel, we decided to have lunch in Portsmouth. We had fried chicken and fries. It was only okay and I did not eat very much. We then went to Tina's store so that I could get some groceries....I got canned peas, eggs, a bottle of soda, a pint of ice cream, salt, toilet paper, and a few other goods. The cost may surprise you so I won't tell...However, it was a bit heavy on the half of a mile back to Raquel's place....And we stopped and got some green peppers, mini sweet bananas and banana juice, which is superb I must say. We dropped our groceries at her place and went back to study. I studied from 2 till 6. Kim and I decided to get dinner. Tomato's deli was closed and chinese and pizza did not cut it. We went to Jones store, bought frozen shrimp linguine and strawberry cake and drug my collection of groceries plus my back-up of school supplies up the hill home. We have been chilling since, watching TV and such.

I did learn quite a bit in my studying of the back today. I drew color-coded pictures and everything. I still have a lot of studying for tomorrow and Sunday. Anyways, I am going to eat our strawberry cake. What a treat!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want some of that banana juice!! That sounds soooo good! Just want to let you know Asia is doing great. She's sitting beside me right now chewing on her bone. I now get those kisses under the neck from her. I talk to her about you all the time and she turns her little head and acts like she knows what I'm talking about. I thinks she does! I just told her I'm writing to her momma and she ran over to me. I miss you. Sharon

Anonymous said...

kbwilkinso21@tntech.edu....told you i would remind you!!

Anonymous said...

If i were to email something what address would i use??