Wednesday, January 04, 2006



















"There were always in me, two women at least, one woman desperate and bewildered,who felt she was drowning and another who would leap into a scene, as upon a stage,conceal her true emotions because they were weaknesses, helplessness, despair,and present to the world only a smile, an eagerness, curiosity, enthusiasm, interest." -Anais Nin

Upper left: Inside classroom 5, Upper Right: From campus looking onto the shacks, 2nd Left: Looking down the main drive on campus, 2nd Right: Picnic tables on campus, 3rd Left: Entrance to Gross Anatomy (where they house the cadavers), 3rd Right: New Classroom Building on Campus, 4th Left: a portion of the road I take to campus, 4th Right: Looking at James Store and Perky's Pizza from campus, Bottom: Other buildings.....Hope you enjoy!


I, being the sports fan that I am, am watching the Rose Bowl, which this year features Texas vs. USC. I couldn't be married to JT Henderson and not be an avid sports fan...Many of the guys I meet here are quite surprised that a girl would know that Juan Pierre was traded from the Marlins to the Cubs, which is great for the Cubbies because Pierre is a great lead off guy....Or that the Houston Texans will likely get Reggie Bush from USC in the draft because they, the Texans, have the worst record in the NFL...Or more importantly, that the NCAA only allows collegiate basketball teams to have twenty hours weekly of practice time but allow unlimited time during breaks, like summer and Christmas, but restrict coaches to go to any high school or middle games unless the player or coaches being watched are immediately family (brother or sister) unless it is official recruiting season. This is useless information. I am sorry, but I could not resist. Sorry to you sports haters...

Anyway, today was orientation. As a whole, it was quite boring, but there were a few interesting items. We learned about the promotion policy. Not promotion in getting the school's name out, but promoting to the next semester. In essence, PASSING. I am not really worried about that, because, though I am afraid of failure as an overall concept, the way I determine failure is not by failing a class. I don't fail classes; I won't let myself because I am just as capable of it as the next person. Failure to me is letting myself down by not doing the 6 P's my dad taught me (Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance) and not getting it done. Everything else was concerning security, facilities, Information Technology, SGA...stuff like that. I did attend the cookout at 5pm tonight with Raquel. While there, I ate a HAMBURGER.....real beef. Most of the Indian students did not share my enthusiasm but I was jacked. I met an Indian girl named Dipa (spelling again is not certain) who is here with her husband. She is the student and he is just with her finishing his disertation for his PhD in communications. I met several other nice people, so going was advantageous for me.

Tomorrow I have registration at 10 am. It is not really registration in the sense that we pick our classes because we all have the same courses and we are all together. Yeah, I will see most of these people everyday for the next sixteen months, like it or not. Registration, basically. consists of getting your Ross ID, your financial aid check, and other necessary information. I will let you know the inconsequentials tomorrow. After that, I must go get my books. I, as most of you know, am a self-declared nerd, and I guess anyone who does professional programs be it medical, dental, pharmacy or likewise, represents some version of nerd. Nevertheless, being the nerd I am, as well as demonstrating my fear of failure and insufficiency, bought almost every book. I am excited to get started and to basically catch up to my classmates. Hopefully I can pay a transport to drive me and my books home because I don't think I can make it up Banana Trail with all of those books. Anyway...I will let you know how it goes. For now I must go to bed.

Again, I love getting emails, comments or likewise. Snailmail letters or pictures would be lovely as well. Also, I put quotes on here based on how I feel about myself and my life. Please tell me your feelings or interpretations. I like to know how others feel. It is somewhat like intellectually conversating with one another about life...we will both get smarter...Again, the nerd in me. Have a good day and love you guys.

No comments: