Thursday, January 05, 2006

"I have learned a great truth in life. We do not succeed in spite of our challenges and difficulties, but rather, precisely because of them."
- Richard Paul Evans from The Looking Glass

Above, I am in Roseau, the capital of Dominica, looking down on the city. I went here when Mom was still around. We had a good time there.

Today was registration and jam packed. I received my financial aid check, my locker (yes, a locker), my class schedule day-by-day for the entire semester, my id picture taken, but no books. I was really disappointed I did not get my books because I am so nervous that I want to begin my ready and note taking. I want to get ahead rather start out behind. To do so , I did decide to print out the first two biochemistry handouts to review along with making note cards for the twenty amino acids...sounds fun to all of you doesn't it?


After all of that, I went a mini class on how to use the campus email and computers....that was a blast. I did go to the gym tonight and ran-walked for 30 minutes. I am really trying to lose weight. We will see how it goes. There is not a whole lot I feel like eating so, and that in cahoots with walking all of the time, I will hopefully do so. I am trying to eat reasonably well...

Anyway, I am going to work on my notecards and review the packet I received today. Tomorrow I have more orientation and hopefully will get those books...Have a good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love is the doorway though which the human soul passes from selfishness to service and from solitude to kinship with mankind. I miss you and I thought of you when I read this quote. I love you and miss you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all of support and friendship. You know how much it means to me. Have a good day and don't forget to take time to watch the sunset- its a small pleasure in life we sometimes overlook. P.S. I really like your friend Kati's quote above- smart girl! Talk to you soon!