"I have learned a great truth in life. We do not succeed in spite of our challenges and difficulties, but rather, precisely because of them."
- Richard Paul Evans from The Looking Glass
Above, I am in Roseau, the capital of Dominica, looking down on the city. I went here when Mom was still around. We had a good time there.
Today was registration and jam packed. I received my financial aid check, my locker (yes, a locker), my class schedule day-by-day for the entire semester, my id picture taken, but no books. I was really disappointed I did not get my books because I am so nervous that I want to begin my ready and note taking. I want to get ahead rather start out behind. To do so , I did decide to print out the first two biochemistry handouts to review along with making note cards for the twenty amino acids...sounds fun to all of you doesn't it?
After all of that, I went a mini class on how to use the campus email and computers....that was a blast. I did go to the gym tonight and ran-walked for 30 minutes. I am really trying to lose weight. We will see how it goes. There is not a whole lot I feel like eating so, and that in cahoots with walking all of the time, I will hopefully do so. I am trying to eat reasonably well...
Anyway, I am going to work on my notecards and review the packet I received today. Tomorrow I have more orientation and hopefully will get those books...Have a good night.
Thursday, January 05, 2006
Shared with you by
Natalie Henderson
at
5:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- March 2010 (1)
- December 2009 (1)
- November 2009 (3)
- October 2009 (2)
- August 2009 (2)
- July 2009 (3)
- June 2009 (5)
- May 2009 (2)
- April 2009 (4)
- March 2009 (3)
- February 2009 (5)
- January 2009 (8)
- December 2008 (10)
- November 2008 (7)
- October 2008 (7)
- September 2008 (14)
- August 2008 (16)
- July 2008 (7)
- June 2008 (5)
- May 2008 (7)
- April 2008 (9)
- March 2008 (7)
- February 2008 (17)
- January 2008 (13)
- December 2007 (6)
- November 2007 (3)
- October 2007 (4)
- September 2007 (4)
- August 2007 (6)
- July 2007 (8)
- June 2007 (3)
- May 2007 (3)
- April 2007 (1)
- March 2007 (7)
- February 2007 (6)
- January 2007 (9)
- December 2006 (10)
- November 2006 (12)
- October 2006 (14)
- September 2006 (11)
- August 2006 (8)
- July 2006 (13)
- June 2006 (12)
- May 2006 (10)
- April 2006 (2)
- March 2006 (12)
- February 2006 (17)
- January 2006 (24)
- December 2005 (5)
- November 2005 (11)




2 comments:
Love is the doorway though which the human soul passes from selfishness to service and from solitude to kinship with mankind. I miss you and I thought of you when I read this quote. I love you and miss you!
Thank you for all of support and friendship. You know how much it means to me. Have a good day and don't forget to take time to watch the sunset- its a small pleasure in life we sometimes overlook. P.S. I really like your friend Kati's quote above- smart girl! Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment