Friday, January 06, 2006


"I wish you could have been there for the sun & the rain & the long, hard hills. For the sound of a thousand conversations scattered along the road. For the people laughing & crying & remembering at the end. But, mainly, I wish you could have been there. "
-from www.storypeople.com by Brian Andreas
(My friend Emily told me about this website because she got my Christmas present from there. You should check it out. I love there stuff, if only they shipped down here.)

The picture is of tonight's sunset. I was talking to Yvie on the phone, looked out the window and saw it. I could not resist taking a picture. I love the pinks and purples. When I was a kid and Melinda Pence babysat us, Morgan, Gretchen, Sara, and I used to look at the sunsets and choose the colors that were ours. Morgan took blue, Gretchen got purple, I got pink, and Sara got the leftover colors. That is the memory that this sunset elicits.

Today was more orientation. It was a long day, but I accomplished a lot. I got my books, my local cell phone, my computer configured, and went to most of the sessions. Like I said before, I am a nerd and bought all of the books. They are so dang heavy. I paid the driver to bring them home for me. It is only $3,50 USD and it was worth every penny of it. I am going to get them out of the bag tonight and look through all them....It is overwhelming to think I will know all that information in such a short amount of time.

I met a lady named Sandra today from Atlanta. She is 31 with a one year old and three year old and a husband in Fairview, an area of Atlanta. When I think of the sacrifice she is making, my problems seem quite small. She is really cool....I have met a lot of really nice and interesting people the past few days. I have decided to go on the island tour tomorrow because I can not get JT's game on TV. I also thought that after school starts I will not have time to see this beautiful place. I will take plenty of pictures, and hopefully, meet some more people.

Have a good weekend!

No comments: