Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Natalie Henderson
Ross University School of Medicine
PO Box 266
Roseau
Commonwealth of Dominica
West Indies
This is my address. Please beware that though I love getting mail and packages, shipping can be expensive and take some time. If you go www.rossmed.dm or www.rossu.edu, they have shipping suggestions. Basically, a card, some pictures, or simply an email would be great. Several of you have asked for it so here it is! Also, we are only one hour ahead of the east coast. Call anytime. If I am not here, you can leave a message. I now know how to use it.

"Every morning, I get up and look through the 'Forbes' list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."- Robert Orben (or for me, school.)

Today I begin orienatation. It does not begin until six, which is about two or so hours from now. I am getting ready to shower and head that way but I wanted to post a short update before I do. The heat has been a bit overwhelming today; the heat index was 88 with 66% humidity. I awoke today around seven a.m. That is quite early but I fell asleep early so it makes sense. After waking up and posting my address on here, I waited for Hanah's laundry to pick up my dirty clothes, sheets, and towels. It is nice to NOT have to do laundry. However, there is a 24 hour turn around so I had to purchase sheets so I would not have to sleep on the bed-liner tonight. Hopefully, though, I will be getting some soft ones from the US, Mom, soon.

After that, I headed to the gym....I ran/walked for 45 minutes on the treadmill. I was quite proud of myself considering my weight gain and lack of being in shape. I then trekked the 40 yards to the bookstore to get a few small items, and then checked my financial aid. Luckily for me, my money is here and will be presented upon registration, which is Thursday. Unfortunately, my friend Mo was told it could be a week or two, which here could mean a month, before he gets his. He is a nice guy and I hate that for him. After buying a few small items like a spatula, postcards, the sheets, cheese, and plastic bowls, I came home. I will note that I was 'hit' on by a local gentleman. His name was Eric and it was comical....Don't worry, JT, you don't have any competition....Well, I must get ready. I will let you all know how orientation goes.....could go either way I am afraid.

Orientation was okay. I sat with Rakish and Sahran (I am not sure on the spellings; I met them and his family the second day I was here. I also met a tall, pretty black girl from Brooklyn tonight named Racquel. Again, I am not sure on the spelling. We were sitting across from one another during orientation and were going to get a pizza, but the Perky's Pizza was packed. Therefore, we took a transport home. I talked to my friend, Emily, which was nice. I have not spoken to her for any length since I have been her. I have orientation again tomorrow, all day....I will let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Hey Nat! Tara knows all about long orientations! Thank you for blogging! We enjoy reading them!

Paul and Tara