Sunday, January 08, 2006

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." -Confucius


I must be very intelligent because after the last few hours of studying Biochemistry and Anatmony, I am only beginning to understand the MANY facets of my own ignorance. That is right, I have been studying even before class starts. I do not want to get behind so I am going to start by being ahead...I hope. Since classes start tomorrow, I wanted to begin reading and note-taking today.

Today started off slow. I woke up later than normal, around 9am Atlantic time. I laid in bed for a while watching Raising Helen with Kate Hudson. It was a cute movie but really made me miss my friends and family. So once I was in that mood, I got really down and sad. However, I eventually decided to clean and begin studying. My friend Kim came over this afternoon because I told her she could use my Vonage. We also went over our schedule and expectations. She is older than I am and has been out of school a while so she is apprehensive in similar but different ways from me. It is good, though, to have someone to talk to down here...finally.

Well, I am tired and nervous. Again as a nerd, I will get up early to get ready and go to class...So I must go to bed. Hope to hear from any of you soon. I REALLY MISS EVERYONE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Natalie! Glad to hear you got there ok and are starting to settle in. We sure missed you JT, Aunt Sharon & Uncle Jimmy on Christmas Day! I know what you are doing is hard, but it will be so worth it in the end. I remember when Lee was in the Army and had to go to Germany for like 3 months when Leigha was baby, it was so hard. Good luck at your first day of school tomorrow, hopefully you will get some sleep tonight. I remember how I never got any sleep the night before the first day of school. I'll probably be like that too tonight. Lee & I have been on vacation for 2 weeks and tomorrow we have to go back to work. YUCK!!! I'll have Leigha send you an e-mail this week. Take care & we love you!
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Hello darlin. I am glad that you have met people and made friends it will make things easier! I hope that you get some sleep tonight i don't want you falling asleep in class tomorrow! hehe. I will be thinking about you tomorrow. Do you have classes all day or 1/2 day or how does that work? I go back to school in exactly week. Honestly I would just rather stay home and work, is that bad? I have decided that i will be working my butt off this semester! What else should you know?... Umm OH - you remember the Michael guy...well I will have to call you! Don't fret there is nothing to worry about. :) I hope that you got your tv thing to work! Well I thought that I would just leave you a lil something to read! I love you! Good Luck tomorrow!!

Tara said...

Nat,

We're praying for you as you go into tomorrow and wishing you the best!!! We're inspired by your journey! (No joke!)

Paul and Tara