Wednesday, January 11, 2006





"If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't you're right"- Mary Kay Ash

'What we see depends mainly on what we look for.'- Sir John Lubbock




These are my friends, and we have been studying together every night. On the left is Sandra. She is a mother of two, a one year-old girl and a three year old son, from Atlanta and is of Nigerian descent. In the middle is Joyce but her real name is Omeche, a name of Nigerian origin. On the right is Kim. She is from outside of San Antonio, Texas and used to work at wilderness camps for juveniles.

Today was a very difficult day. In one hour, Dr. Laura Welke went over the entire deep, intermediate, and superficial intrinisic and extrinisic back muscles. It was like a whirlwind....I had to go over it all again and make new notes. Tomorrow we have Cell Biology and Physiology. I am a bit lost in those classes at this point even though I have read the material. I know about cytoplasm and nucleii but the handouts make it sound more difficult than it is. Oh well, though, our study sessions have helped so far so I except they will continue to do so.

I just wanted to say to everyone that I miss you so much. I can't explain it. I don't get sad or homesick as often, but it is a feeling when the room is dark. When I am alone and the room is dark, I can hear and see the people I miss. So, even if I don't act like it or seem busy, I still miss and think of you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well i just called you and you were studying, whichis fine. I was just happy to hear you voice! I hope class gets better! love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, your new friends look so sweet! I am so glad you have them to help to make this journey! Sounds like you guys have jumped in head first! It makes my brain hurt just reading about what your doing! That why God made smart people!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there to see your white coat ceremony. I know you looked beautiful. I watched the game. Kentucky was due a good game. I admire your desire. April will be here before you know it. January is almost over! Have a great day. I love you.
Mom