Wednesday, November 23, 2005

This is where I will be living for the next sixteen months. As the holidays begin approaching, I feel a bit of apprehension welling up inside of me. I see the lights and think of my mom's Christmas tree and plethora of snowmen. Don't get me wrong, I am excited about Dominica and the opportunity to become a doctor. Look at the photo; how could I not be happy? The holidays, especially Christmas, make me feel nostalgic with little butterflies flittering in my stomach. I can smell my mom's dog food on Jew bread. (A holiday favorite of our family. Don't be offended, we are part Jewish.) I can see my dad as we open gifts and he cooks something tastey in his infamous pots and pans that are off limits to everyone, even his wife. Despite my pure excitement about medical school, I still have this feeling.
Negating this, I am so very happy about medical school. The unknown is scary, yet I ready to experience it. My backpack and supplies will be at home today when I get there. I know they are superficial items, but they add to building excitement. Despite my nagging feelings, I am happy. I want this to happen. That is one thing I know for sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool that you are going somewhere you have never have been. I wish you the very best. I am sure you will go far. You have always been smart and a good friend. If that is what you really want to do....you will achieve your dreams....send some pics and take care of yourself. JT will be proud of you. It will be hard for him, but hopefully he will manage to understand. Ryan,mom and I are going to NY...to visit my aunt in yonkers. Phillip is not goin cuz he will have blake my step-son on that following weekend....and plus he can't miss work....Well, give me a call sometime....still have the same #, but my address is

171 Madison Ave.
Danville, Ky 40422

LOVE AND MISS YOU GIRL,
Kristy

Anonymous said...

Well hello! Congrats on the 4 point win! I looked it up. The picture is absolutly gorgeous. I can't believe you are leaving so soon! I know that you are scared and unsure of the unknown, but you will be fine! You are an extremly smart woman. I am proud to call you my friend! I hope that your Thanksgiving was incredable! I will give you a call tomorrow, and we shall chat. I feel like we haven't talked in forever but maybe thats because the last time we talked was when we were both in Crossville! Love you! kati