Tuesday, November 29, 2005


"I can not say goodbye to those whom I have grown to love, for the memories we have made will last a lifetime and never know a goodbye."

I am really excited about medical school, ecstactic really. Yet, the closer I get to leaving the more introspective and, ultimately, sadder I get. Again, do not misconstrue this. Do not think I am not happy about medical school, do not want to be doctor, do not realize that short term sacrifice is worth the long term benefits. Don't think I do not know that. I am a pretty smart, I think, and because I am smart, I realize the beneficial elements of my leaving to pursue my dream. Nevertheless, this does not change the utter saddness I feel about leaving my husband, who is my best friend, my mom... who is my net... my friend, my dad....every girl's first love, my little sister....the constant source of my affection and worry, my step-dad.....the sound judgment and support, my friend Sarah....never too far away....never too good to laugh, Yvie...my new friend....the one I needed when I had no other friends...and everyone else who has ever meant something to me....I will miss a little bit of everything and everyone. After thinking about the quote above though, I do realize that I can live off of my memories for sixteen months while I make new ones.

"Think where a man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends."


No comments: