Wednesday, November 30, 2005


Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it ought to be done, whether you like it or not; it is the first lesson that ought to be learned; and however early a man's training begins, it is probably the last lesson that he learns thoroughly.
Thomas H. Huxley (1825 - 1895)



We won again! It seems so unusual to say that because last year having a winning record was such a foreign concept that being 4-1 now is quite an adjustment. However, I will say it again, though.....OUR FRESHMAN ARE GREAT! Don't get me wrong, Levi, Sundiata, Channing, and Dave are wonderful too.....but the freshman add such an element to our game. Mike can jump higher than you would believe without witnessing it. Billy can stroke it, and Rashaad will get there. Kendrick....I love watching him because he WANTS to rebound. Terrence has not played the last two games but I know I he will turn heads once he heals. Now, I feel like we can compete and the feeling is a good one.


My agenda for today and the rest of this week, at the least, is to get my house cleaned and finish packing. Because we have been gone for so many days off and on, there are clothes everywhere. I feel as if the bed in my room is a mini castle surrounded by a moat. All I need is the little draw bridge to get out. And if that is the case, I guess Asia would be the crocodile in the moat....I do intend to pack and clean tonight. Packing the apartment is a job within itself. I have to pack the contents of the apartment plus my belongings to take to Dominca. My mom would be disappointed in the state of my apartment. However, I guess Gretchen and my issues with disorder come from growing with an extremely tidy, almost OCD, clean home...Thanks Mom!


I am feeling better about leaving today. Everyday is different but today is good. I am thinking about everything that I will be taking with me....I, well JT, actually mailed my immigration packet today to Ross. That seems to finalize the acceptance process. I guess the finalality of the situation was quite palpable when I opened my tuition bill....$10,810.00 for the spring semester. A bit of a shocker and coincidingly a reality check. Nothing like realizing you could buy a nice house for what your education is going to cost. Those of you who know me, know that I love school and would be a professional student if finances and life permitted. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to being a doctor.

One has a greater sense of intellectual degradation after an interview with a doctor than from any human experience.
Alice James


No comments: