Monday, November 21, 2005

We won last night!!!!!!!!!!!! We beat Fordham, which is a team from the Bronx. The game was a bit sloppy from our stand point because we had trouble attacking both the press and the zone. However, we looked much better than last year. Mike Mercer's presence alone takes us to a different level. He scored twenty last night and another freshman, Billy Humphrey, scored twelve. Such a performance was a breath of fresh air from last season and all the ill-fated games we played. I also believe the players are much happier with themselves. Winning, in anything, can do that to you. In this instance, a win, one win, was what we needed. (Pictured is Kevin Brophy, a sophomore from Australia)

We return home around mid day tomorrow. It is a shame to leave such a beautiful place but it is always welcoming to enter your own home. I can not wait to get back and use my new "rip-off" Prada backpack purse. It is tan leather that I got in town at their little market. The actual stores, such as COACH, TIFFANY & Co, and the millions of other jewelry stores were not in my budget. Now, going to medical school will hopefully afford me the financial ability to buy fifty dollar earrings and pearls, which I find so very elegant. That is in the future. For now, I am happy with my fake Prada and cheap painting of the island. It does not take much to make me happy. That is why I think Dominica will treat me fine and I will assimilate well there.

Can I just let everyone know how excited I am about going to school? Granted, I am going to miss a lot luxuries and more than that, people. However, I am so excited about school. My computer, backpack, and med school supplies have been delivered since I have been in St. Thomas causing my excitment to increase expontentially. Anyways, I just wanted to share my happiness.

No comments: