Sunday, July 05, 2009

I am a firm believer in the notion that you should not wish away your life.... For example when I was in Dominica, I would think "This time in 24 days I will be at home in Kentucky." Then those 24 days happened so fast and I wanted little moments of them back (even though I was happy to be home). However, now my thoughts are doing that very thing... I find myself wishing my residency was decided for me, and I had settled on going somewhere. Yet in hoping for that, I also realize that leaves me missing the small, intricate moments between then and now... like lazy Sundays with my husband, everyday conversations with friends, seeing crazy patients, and such. The overwhelming wave of change often makes me feel this way so hoping for security and "knowing" helps.... Oh well, no more lamenting my situation... It could be worse.
`nat

No comments: