Sunday, January 25, 2009

Date Night

The beginning of last week, I proposed to JT that we go on a "date" this weekend once I got back from Knoxville. Well, on Wednesday, he announced that he had something planned for me. He kept it a surprise until late in the morning on Saturday when I needed to know what to wear. We drove to Lexington where we ate at DeSha's and went to a musical at the opera house. The food was good....we had fried green tomatoes and salmon and cookie baked into a soup bowl. Yeah, a cookie in a soup bowl. It was delicious. Afterwards, we saw the show Ain't Misbehaven with Ruben Studdard, the second winner from American Idol. It was a compilation of songs from 1930s Harlem, all written by the same person. We did not get home until almost one in the morning, but I had such a great time! I could not have married a better man. We only took a few silly head shots, none of which are great pictures, but just wanted to update the blog with what has been going on!



No comments: