Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Fourth Year....

So I finished my surgery rotation last week. Surgery was my last required core clinical rotation. Thus, now, I am officially a 4th year medical student. I have 24 weeks of medical school until I graduate. After that, I will be a real doctor...although I can not practice until I complete my residency (which I will start in June 2010). Nevertheless, there is a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel. Now, the task ahead me is to choose a specialty. I am still praying about it and looking for the field that is best for me and my future. JT got me a book for Christmas entitled To Be Told. It forces you to examine your past and your life "story" to see where God is leading you in future decisions. That description does not adequately do the book justice. However, it will not tell you directly what to choose but it is helping guide me towards what may be fitting to my "story." Sorry if that is too, um, philosophical.

Anyways, I am quite excited about starting my elective rotations. Next Monday I start at the University of Tennessee Knoxville in a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation rotation. I am going to stay with my sister during the week and come home on the weekends. Luckily, this rotation does not have call. Hopefully, I won't have too many more rotations with over night call....just my peds rotation, I think.

For those who are interested in where I will be until I finish....

January 09: University of Tennessee Knoxville: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
February 09: Somerset, KY: 2 weeks of Cardiology; first of half of my second board exam
March 09: University of Tennessee Chattanooga: Pediatric junior internship
April-August 09: Somerset, KY: completing the other rotations I am working on scheduling
June 09: Glasgow, KY: Family Practice junior internship.

No comments: