Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas in Louisville....

We left last Tuesday late afternoon to head to Louisville to see JT's family. It was an enjoyable holiday made better by the fact that JT's parents were off of work the entire time. On Christmas Eve, we attended Southeast Christian Church, the mega-church in Louisville where JT's parents go. The service was beautiful and reminded me of why I really love the Christmas holiday. We were able to spend Christmas Day with JT's family and importantly his grandma "mamaw". On Friday, we exchanged gifts with JT's parents, and my brother-in-law Daniel and his wife Denise. They got me the book "The Hour I First Believed" by Wally Lamb. I am looking very forward to reading. Earlier that day we drove to Pleasureville, KY to place wreaths on the headstones of my father-in-law's family graves.
We had tons of fun on Saturday. JT's long time friend Phillip, and his wife Abby and two daughters (Annie and Amelia) came over for lunch. Later that evening before driving back to Somerset, we met my friend Sarah and her boyfriend Zach for sushi. So we did two of the things we can't do in Somerset.....sushi and Starbucks.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.


Me and Asia in front of the Christmas Tree
A house with life size wise men and camels....but there was no Jesus...
JT reading the letter written to him on his first Christmas from his great aunt, Delores
JT and Phillip
JT with Phillip's adorable daughter Annie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun with you all this Christmas. The house seemed so empty when you left. I love you both, and look forward to your next visit.