Saturday, November 29, 2008

I am thankful for......

~ A loving husband, who is organized (a bit anal), handsome, lots of fun, and a strong Christian man... He is everything I am not.

~ Family. I am blessed with so much family, from my immediate family to my step parents and siblings. I also am grateful for wonderful in laws that treat me as a daughter... JT even thinks they love me more...(I doubt that)

~ Friends... new ones from the last year, friends from medical school (too many to name), the few I keep up with from college (Emily, Dana...), fewer that I keep in touch with from high school (Sarah, Allison...), and childhood friends. I have noticed that most will come and most will go. But I am thankful for what each person has done for me.

~ Education....I feel blessed to have the ability, drive and determination to take my education to the highest level. Not everyone is so blessed. And though, often I get frustrated that I went to a Carribean school and not UK or UofL or Tennessee, I realize God has a hand in everything and a plan for us which I can not see...I have faith that Ross University is part of it.

~ Health... Luckily for me I have been blessed with great health this far in my life. I see my sister's struggles with seizures and others who struggles with addiction and health related issues, and I realize I need to thank God daily for my lack of struggle in my health!

~ A forgiving God... With every passing day, I am very thankful for a God who loves me despite myself, a God who loved me when I was still in my mother's womb before I had the chance to mess up, a God who gave me the perfect man to spend a lifetime with, and a God who will hopefully bless me with loving children and a prosperous career...

These are just the basics. But it is important to be thankful. It is humbling and expected of us.
~nat

No comments: