Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday. JT and I went to three different places from Wednesday night through Thursday night. First we went to my uncle Dean's and aunt Carol's home (my dad's brother's). It was great to see five of my nine aunts and uncles on my dad's side of the family. My aunt Carol is a wonderful cook and my uncle Dean always does something ridiculous to make us all laugh...usually unintentionally.

Then, Thursday morning, my aunt Libby and uncle David (my mom's brother) had us over for lunch. It was nice to see my cousin Stevie and her new baby boy, Bradley! He is adorable. Plus, I was able to spend time with my my and Bob. Later yesterday evening, JT, Gretchen and I rode with my step brother Craig to my step-mom's family's dinner....I know, it is complicated. Terri's (my step mom) family had another traditional dinner. So far, this dinner is the only where I have pictures from. I did not take pictures at any of the meals, but hopefully I will collect them over the next few days. The picture below is of Gretch, JT, Me, Terri, Dad, Cassi (step sister), and Craig.

This afternoon when JT gets off of work we are first heading to Bowling Green, KY. We are meeting JT's friend Paul to sign some life insurance papers and catch up quickly. Most importantly, JT and I are eating at Mariah's, our favorite restaurant from when we were in college. We can't wait. From there, we are heading to Louisville to spend some time with JT's parents, Mamaw and family. I also might get to see my friend Sarah and her boyfriend Zach. Either way, I am happy to be visiting his family.

On Monday, I start with the neurosurgeons for four weeks.... However, this means that I only have four weeks left of surgery and thus, four weeks left of my core rotations. I can't believe that because it was just yesterday I was in Dominica going crazy. Speaking of which, this year is my first T-giving at home since 2005...Crazy, huh?

I am very much looking forward to the holiday season. I love Christmas. Anyone who knows me, should at the very least know that. We are not doing a big gift giving thing this year because we are trying to pay off debt and save as we get closer to my going into residency and having to pay back the $$$$$$ of student loans. Nevertheless, I can't wait for the cheesy movies and fudge (despite my diet), and music and parties and family and friends....I love every bit of it!!!!!!!!!!

Well have a great weekend!
~nat

No comments: