Sunday, November 16, 2008

Catching Up....

JT and I had a great weekend! Friday afternoon we drove to Tennessee to visit my mom and Bob. We had a yummy dinner at Red Lobster (a place I would never eat at in NYC and a place we do not have in Somerset...what a dichotomy). On Saturday, Mom and I went to Knoxville to enjoy a few sales at Steinmart and ate Fried Greens Tomatoes at Conner's. It was so cold by the time we got home... JT and I then drove back last night so we could make church this morning. We had a lot of fun and were glad to spend time with them.

Last week we started going to FBC2. It is a new contemporary service started by First Baptist Church here in Somerset. We went to their traditional service two weeks ago and were very disappointed, realizing what a struggle it would be if we could not find a church that met our needs. So we were very excited at the prospect of a more praise-geared service. We were pleasantly surprised last week at the great music and band. This week, my dad and Terri even went with us. The first song was a great rock song but hard as a praise song...However, the rest of the service was refreshing....three of my favorite songs.... Also, he spoke on Love. Love, I know, such a played topic. But, it was, as I said, refreshing to re-visit a topic that we often take for granted. Loving others because God first loved us and also that loving others is impossible if we don't first love God. He also focused on the fact it is easy to love those that love us, but that loving difficult people and those that frustrate us is the real test of our faith and love of God. Anyways, I just wanted to share that and express my gratitude that we have found somewhere.

Here are some pictures from two weeks ago when my friend Paige came to visit at Dad's boat. I think they are funny and cute.


Me and Paige on the upper deck
Me and JT on the deck
Us sitting on Dad's fishing boat
Me holding the catfish dad caught!!! I am silly

1 comment:

Jenny said...

natalie...you look great! sounds like you are enjoying being back in KY...and we're glad to have you back! do you think you will ever make your way to BG?