Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Welcomed Cries....

Her head popped out of the tiny belly of her mom. Her nose and mouth were suctioned with awkward blue bulb I remember in our closet from childhood. Her PINK little body slid into my hands as the doctors, resident and attending, clamped her cord, I held onto her. Then, she fell into my arms, screaming and kicking her little legs, as I passed from her mother's belly to the pediatrician. And she kept crying, and kept crying and kept crying. All I could think of was the silence and beeping machines from 24 hours previously as I looked at the previous baby, dead baby, as this beautiful pink little girl screamed her way into the world at 3:52 pm today. It is the good for the bad, the pain for the joy, the love for the hate. The antithesis of life....

I won't be able to write tomorrow because Kyle and I are on call. I am going to sleep all day Friday, take the train to JT's office, and we are leaving for Vermont. We are going to stay in at a bed and breakfast in Wilmington, Vt as a short vacation for our 5th anniversary, which is this Saturday, August 9th!!!! It has been a short but long, difficult, and wonderful ride. I would not change a moment (well maybe two or three).

I hope everyone has a great weekend if I do not get chance to write for a few days.
~nat

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, I am proud of you and i love you

Dad

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Hope you all have a great time in Vermont.