Friday, August 08, 2008

8/8/08 (How Cool)
Tired and Thankful....

I am tired because I have been awake for 27 hours, 40 minutes and counting. I also am tired of laziness. And because I am thankful that both of my parents in their own way taught me to do your work the right way the first time. I mean, really, who wants to go back and redo work that should have already been done. Obviously some of my sloth classmates. And, I know, I know, this is life and how people are. But for me, being anal retentive with my paperwork and follow through and basic tasks makes me appreciative of the mundane lessons I learned when small, and not so small. Like mom making us re-dust the house if it was not done correctly the first time.

Sorry for venting but I am completely perturbed....but not enough to keep me from sleeping for a few hours. Oh, and we delivered two babies between one and two am today....and their birthdays? 8-8-08. I think it is a cool birthday to have. And one of the moms was my hero. 4 hours of labor. NO PAIN MEDICINE, and an episiotomy with only a quick local anesthetic. What a lady!

Okay, goodnight at 924am. We are leaving for Vermont this afternoon. I will let everyone know how it goes! I am excited!
~nat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im glad you got that from them because i sure didnt.