Sunday, August 17, 2008

Pediatrics....

I am starting six weeks of pediatrics tomorrow morning. Tomorrow is actually another tedious orientation at the hospital...my fourth time repeating the same routine. It is just part of it. This specific hospital makes you repeat the orientation for every rotation regardless of how many rotations you have done previously. Oh well!!! My friend told me that for pediatrics it is broken down into one week increments. Three are done at Wyckoff Hospital in Brooklyn, doing one week in the peds ER, one week in the NICU, and one week on the pediatric floor. While at St. Johns Hospital in Queens (where I did OB), you do 1.5 weeks on the floor and 1.5 weeks in the nursery and in afternoon clinic. So the breakdown should help time go by faster.

It seems so crazy that in only six weeks we will be leaving NYC and heading back home... The picture to the right is taken from Dad's deck at home. I love NYC in so many ways and dislike it in so many others. I am just really happy for the move, even though I will changing lives, yet again.

Well I am going to run a little bit while JT naps.... Talk to you soon!
~nat

No comments: