Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Race Day, Sort Of

Well, this past weekend was the Derby Half Marathon. We ran it last year in about two and a half hours. We had every intent of running it this year as well, even though we had not adequately trained. JT had been sick for about two weeks and the night before the race, we flew home. As our plane descended, his ears began hurt to the point of not being able to hear. It was at that point that I had to force him not to run. It was hard for him because we went to the race the next morning. It was hard for me too and I am not even as "into" running as he is. We did go, however, to cheer on my mom, Bob, and my friend Jason from med school. My mom and Bob walked it with my Mom's friend Becky, and they did it in 4 hours. I am so proud of them. This was Jason's first half marathon and he did great....2 hours 21 minutes... It was a lot of fun!


Mom dancing down the last tenth of a mileBecky, Mom and Bob after the race...


The guys who dress up like ElvisMom and Becky crossing the finish together....

Well I hope you like the pictures! I need to go. My friends are coming for dinner and I need to start cooking!

post signature

1 comment:

The Fox Family said...

Only Sylvia Folger could walk an entire half/marathon and still cross the finish line looking completly in tact and not a hair out of place... that woman amazes me! Oh and did I mention Bob's Guns??? Wow. Miss you and your hubby!