Wednesday, February 06, 2008

So there are a few things to celebrate today...well, I must say HAPPY BIRTHDAY (yesterday) to my little and favorite sister (and only), Gretchen. I miss her so much. I probably don't tell her enough but I love her so much. We not very much alike, and that is really the beauty of it. I need her to come see me again so we can see The Little Mermaid on Broadway together. So since I was late sending her card and forgot to say it yesterday, Happy Birthday to Gretch.

Secondly, JT's friends, Jason and Ashlee Piercey, had their second son on Monday night. Jackson was 8 pounds 10 ounces and 20 inches long.....Poor Ashlee, he was a big little boy. (Is saying 'big little boy' an oxymoron? I am not sure.) We are very happy for them. Also, some of JT's friends from high school, Patrick and Sarah, had some good news yesterday. Sarah is suffering from cancer and is undergoing her second round of chemotherapy. Luckily and thanks to God, she still has her hair and thus far in this round, her pain and nausea are much less.

Last night was Super Tuesday....and I still do not know who I am voting for...BUT, one thing is for certain....nothing in this election has been as exciting as this....(this goes out to my husband and mother-in-law who love this clip just as much as me.)






As you can tell, I am very excited now that I can add video....tomorrow I might add the "best of" Bobby Knight clip, so if you are easily offended, don't watch. However, it is sad to see him leave the game. He was a great coach and had some of the best lines to reporters in the history of basketball.


Lastly, today is Ash Wednesday. Though I am not Catholic and never have been, I have been in the practice of giving something up for lent...in college, I gave up sleep so that I would get up an hour early, do my Bible study and go to the gym. The last two years on the island I gave up all forms of Soda, diet and regular, as well as last year giving up gossiping. I was not 100% perfect for sure, but it sure pushed my limits because we do not realize how very much we gossip. This year I am not sure yet. I want to do something that will be beneficial to my health, whether spiritual, physical, or the like. Whether you are Catholic or not, I think the policy of sacrificing something for 40 days is a way to demonstrate your appreciation to Jesus for the sacrifice he made for us. No matter how insignificant the sacrifice may be (ie....not drinking wine, chocolate, candy, carbs, money) it is still a statement to yourself and to God, if done with the right state of your heart, that you are appreciating His gift to you. Again, with all of that being said, I do not know what I am going to "give up" as yet. I will let you know once I decide.

Have a great day!!! Miss you guys!


post signature

2 comments:

Patrick said...

hey natalie,
thanks for mentioning us in your post. we appreciate you all so much and especially appreciate the prayers during this journey.

patrick

Patrick said...

oh, and thanks for posting the dean video. that's still one of the greatest political videos of all time!