Saturday, February 16, 2008

Good Saturday night everyone.....For those of you that know us, this will come as NO surprise. We are watching the NBA three point shooting contest and DUNK contest while flipping back and forth to the Indiana basketball game. Are you surprised? I think not. Though I must give JT credit, he offered to take me both to the Metropolitan Museum of Art or a movie. I was LAZY and did not want to get cold. That is the thing here....you have to walk where ever you go. You need groceries, you walk. You go to work, you walk to the train or bus. You want to go to see a friend, you walk.... And though it is not Saskatchewan cold, it is quite cold. I am still a little Dominica spoiled. I remember 85 degrees in February....Last year on my birthday I was dripping in sweat. So, yes, I am spoiled.

We finally got our desk with the idea to motivate me to study. The furniture place we went to uses the motto "You pay cash, No Tax!" So guess what, we paid cash.... Here are a few pictures "office" is in a 4 x 8 of our living room. At least I can of it and our new arrangement....Haha... like you need to see three pictures of our new desk...I just get bored without pictures......please forgive the size....our look out from the desk and see Manhattan.


Still not much going on here. JT still starts his job on Monday, I am still at the same rotation for two more weeks, and tomorrow is our long run again...4 miles. I will eventually add up to 13....just not anytime soon. I am still trying to lose weight. I know what you are thinking. "how can someone able to run four miles not lose weight?" Well, I am not always perfect on my diet. But even when I am, I don't lose weight easily. It is always a struggle. I will not give up, but nevertheless it is a daily job. After our run is church. The subject this month is called "simplexity"...basically, how to live simply in a complex city and world. We are also starting our Bible study/Lifegroup on Tuesday night. It is a couples group in a nearby neighborhood, and we will be studying the book of Hebrews. I really hope we can meet some new people and make some new friends to help us with the rest of our time. I don't really have any good friends here and neither does JT. My old roommate Kim is here, but long story, she leaving in two weeks. My friends, Maria and Kyle, are in my rotation but I typically do not see them much on the weekends. Otherwise, I have lost touch with other people I know here. So, my good friends like my sis and Emily and Lisa and Sarah and everyone else are at home.....and we need some new friends here...

My 25th birthday is week....So old, eh? Just kidding. IT is weird though. I was 22 when I left for Dominica, and that seems so long ago. We are going to see "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" the Wednesday after my bday...it is a Tennessee Williams play with some great actors and actresses. I am quite excited about it. My friend Maria's bday is two days before mine so we may go to dinner on the Thursday between our days...if not, we may go "out" on that Saturday night....which for me and JT means one cocktail since the going rate in Manhattan is 10$ and up.
As you can tell, I am not engrossed with the three point shooting contest. However, I think the dunking is quite amazing, so I guess I should go. I love you guys and miss you. Please comment and let me know that you guys are really out there...simply an anonymous hello or any message would be great. I see the locations of people that check the blog but not who you are....though I have an idea...have a great Sunday and a great week!

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's up, nat? have fun at bible study. i read your blog all the time, i guess i should start commenting. i'm probably one of the people you figured out.

Anonymous said...

forgot to sign my name the first time. i'm and idiot. talk to you later.
daniel