Monday, January 21, 2008


I hope everyone is having a great beginning to their week. Mine actually starts tomorrow because like I previously said, I had today off. Tomorrow is the beginning of week 7 of my internal medicine rotation. We are assigned new attending physicians to follow around. I am hoping mine does later rounds (so I don't have to leave the house at 6:20), but I also I hope I learn a lot more. To be completely honest, I am thus far disappointed in my IM rotation. I am going to have to study a lot to compensate for the minimal teaching I have received this far. I will give the doctor a bit of a break since it was the holiday season, and we were out of the hospital for 4 days. I just will have to step up my game come test time to make up for the disparity....I am, though, looking very forward to my family medicine rotation in the Bronx, which is supposed to be a great teaching and learning experience. I will have to work two weeks of nights.....and those who know me, you know this will be a bit of a struggle...

I wanted to share two great recipes I made this weekend. First, I made a low calorie BBQ chicken pizza. Take a wheat tortilla and put it the oven to toast it for 5-6 minutes....evenly spread the BBQ sauce over the tortilla, sprinkle cheese and slivered red onions on top and then add grilled or baked chicken cut into chunks to the top. Finally sprinkle fresh cilantro on the top and bake it for ten minutes on 400. It was delicious! And for a cheap and easy dessert......take a graham cracker, break it in half, spread cool whip on it, make it a sandwich and freeze it!!!! It is so yummy, cheap, and low in calories!

We did not make it to the museum today. We went to exchange the DVDs and it was so cold, 0 degrees as a matter of fact, that we could not stand to be outside a minute longer. It was SOOO cold. We took a nap (a nice treat of a day off) and I spent the afternoon cleaning up my closet and such....again not a surprise to those who know me. Though to my defense, since being back from Dominica and with JT, I am much improved. Speaking of Dominica, I apologize for those days of hating the heat. I would love to just feel that warmth for a split second on a day like today. I must say, I do miss that place some days....not the occasional and miserable loneliness but the the warmth and local friends and simple way of life and the fruit and freshness..... With that being said, I am happy to be moving on, seeing the light at the end of the med school tunnel, being closer to my family, and of course, being married again....

My friend Emily called me today and said I should be a "tele-doctor" since she explained to me that her daughter had an itchy, pink, and crusty eye....I said "she has pink eye, go to the doctor" She said I should just take phone calls and be paid that way....what a life that would be....the life of a pathologist ;-) Check out Stella's eye..... though I appreciate Em's compliment, I might get a bit bored just looking at pictures and never talking to anyone face to face......

Well everyone, have a great week! I will keep you posted if anything exciting happens here in the big city, which is unlikely. I hope you like the new blog. I have added the counter so I can see how many of you come to the site. Now, just leave a hello or something like that. I would love to hear from you guys! It does make me want to write more often, to be honest, when I know people are out there and enjoying!!!!

Again, have a great week!!! Stay warm. Also, check out the links to the right of some our friends....especially Sarah and Patrick's blog. She is suffering from a rare ovarian cancer at twenty seven years old, had a complete hysterectomy, and is undergoing chemo....all this just a year after adopting a ten year old boy. It is nice to read their blog and see the strength they get from God and each other. Also, their are some others you would enjoy!! And if any of you keep a blog, send me the address, I love to browse when JT is watching politics or random basketball games!!!!

post signature

No comments: