Monday, August 06, 2007

Texas School Book Depository from the Grassy Knoll
JT reading on the Grassy Knoll
Me being silly in our room
Dealey Plaza from the Grassy Knoll
(the exact place where JFK was assassinated)


Let us think of education as the means of developing our greatest abilities, because in each of us there is a private hope and dream which, fulfilled, can be translated into benefit for everyone and greater strength for our nation.John F. Kennedy
Today was my first day of class. We took a diagnostic exam and had orientation. JT went on a job hunt while I was in class. Afterwards, we drove downtown to Dealey Plaza and the Texas School Book Depository. (Not surprisingly, I kept trying to call it a suppository not a depository.) For those of you who do not know, this is where President John F. Kennedy was assassinated. I went for JT to feed his need for history and was very glad that I did. We were able to see where Lee Harvey Oswald stood when the shots were fired. We walked on the grassy knoll....as you can see in the pictures above. There was an audio-guided tour through the museum. Ironically, we were driving down Elm St and JT was like "where are we?". We looked up and we were in the spot where the President was shot.... We had to turn around and go back. But of course, we found it quite hilarious.

I start class tomorrow with Immunology. Eight to five from now on and I am getting up to work out! I had to promise my friend Lori that I would so that I would not sleep through it. For those of you that do not know...vonage does not work....just a reminder. My new number is 502 432 1753 if you need me. Otherwise email me or post on here!
Have a great week!
~nat

No comments: