Tuesday, September 26, 2006


Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I will not lie to you. I am very sad today. I want to be at home so badly that I am miserable. I had a great conversation last night with JT and got to talk to both my mom and my dad. However, when I woke up to go to class this morning, I could not do it. Thus, at 11:17am, I am still at home. Though I have missed my classes, which were not imperative anyhow, I have been studying pathology and immunology. So I guess I have not been a complete waste. Nevertheless, it is hard for me to put a fake, happy front today. I can't "fake it till I make it"today. I just miss my husband and parents and Gretchen and friends,.....Sarah, emily, Yvette, and so many more. I know it is on the downhill of being here but it does not make the pain any less real. I know those of you who read this want to hear all good things but the good things are sparse today.

Lets see if I can think of good things....I am going to Antigua with some friends in 2 weeks, after our first exam. My TA sessions are going well. I have a good PBL instructor. Going to the gym seems to be paying off.

I apologize but this is my main outlet, so therefore, I apologize for being down. But at least you know the truth of today. I love you guys and miss you more than you can fathom.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Natalie
Keep your chin up, things will get better and you are over half way there. When everyone talks to you they need to encourage you and not talk about problems that might get you depressed.

Just remember that we love you and that we are proud of you.

Dad

Anonymous said...

gretchie loves nie nei and is proud of her too.

Anonymous said...

Nat,
You are living your dream and I admire you greatly for that. Keep going and know that all that you have worked so hard for and have strived for will soon come true. This time will be over in just a blip and you will get to go on with the rest of your life. I know it feels like forever now, tough times always seem to linger too long, but remember, God gives us rainbows, and at the end of yours is Natalie M.D. and that is a super gift!

Love ya!
cousin Brandie

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet girl, everybody is entitled to a bad day every now and then. Your are human and you are strong and it will pass. Just know what you are doing isn't easy and everyday you are that much closer to the end.. Your strength lies solely in your tenacity. We all know you have it, you just have to reach a little deeper sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Where did Pam learn a word like tenacity? HA!

Dad

Anonymous said...

That which does not break us only makes us stronger!!!!

Tara said...

Nat,

Hmm...Honest and sincere post. Thank you for giving Tara and I a glimpse into how you are feeling. Give us a call sometime if you have time.

P and T