Sunday, July 30, 2006




I was fortunate enough to attend Natalie's flag-football game versus the 3rd and 4th semester girls on Friday. This is a big deal at Ross UMS. Virtually every student came and lined the field, there was tailgating, heckling, and even a few skirmishes. I felt like I was back in the South. These people really get into this football game every semester.

Last semester, Natalie's team won and she was the MVP of the game. This was the first time in school history that the 1st and 2nd semester team defeated the 3rd/4th. Natalie was treated like a rock-star leading up to this game. When we entered a bar on the night I got here, the entire bar began chanting, "MVP! MVP! MVP!"

Unfortunately, Natalie's team lost 20-13 this semester, but it was a very good game played after 48 hours of non-stop rain. Natalie played very well at cornerback for her team. She is very athletic, competitive, and intuitive when playing sports. She is not a good loser, something we have in common!

Natalie and I just returned from an overnight visit to Roseau, the capital of Dominica. We had a great time. I will post some pictures from there tomorrow. I am having a great time with Natalie. See you guys soon.

JT

"R.I.P. #3 KEVIN BROPHY- I'M STILL COMING TO GRIPS WITH YOU BEING GONE. I'M STILL PRAYING FOR YOUR FAMILY AND THOSE OF US THAT KNEW YOU. I'LL SEE YOU WHEN I GET THERE. WE ALL LOVE YOU."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say... JT you are extremely "GENERAL" in your statement "I am having a good time with Natalie"... We all know what you guys are doing down there!!! Enjoy yourselves!

Tara said...

Hello family! J.T., it sounds like you guys are having a great time! Tell the misses hello and give me a call when you get a chance.

Paul