Tuesday, June 13, 2006



These girls are Sarah and Bethany, my friends from high school and they are great. I miss them so much. They are such wonderful friends. Sarah and I, especially, have kept up over the years. I stole this picture from one of their facebook pages....I hope you guys don't mind...I just miss you very much. I was in a mood to update this with some light, feel good stuff. I hope that you enjoy.

Even though we've changed and we're all finding our own place in the world, we all know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we'll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we're not all still friends.
I thought this was nice seeing as how I used the picture of Sarah and Bethany....It makes me think of them in Louisville and me here and how life takes us so many crazy and bizarre places. However, despite that, we are still grounded in the fact that there are people who are there, who have always been there, and regardless of our mis-steps, remain beside us. That is a comforting feeling when things are crazy and we don't know who to trust or if we will ever spend significant time together again.....It is nice to know that there is always a few friends who remain.


Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it's all over.
Gloria Naylor

Everything changed the day they figured out there was exactly enough time for the important things in their lives (storypeople.com)
Thinking about what is and is not important puts so many things into perspective. For instance, why do mope so much about being here alone when some people would kill for this opportunity. Or is the Coach purse really as important and necessary as helping a friend pay a bill or buy her kids a gift. Or is it more important to take a few hours for a friend who needs you or studying for an exam? What will be remembered, the two hours you lost or what was realyl gained in those two hours? It really is something we should all consider from time to time. If we do, and do it sincerely, I believe, if only for that moment, we will be better people for it.


She turned to me & whispered, don't you just love it when you get so excited you forget to breathe? & the thought of her smiling eyes still makes me laugh. (storypeople.com)
Have you ever been so happy your eyes tell the story. Or better yet, had a friend or family member who would tell you everything in there eyes. I love looking into people's eyes. Eyes do not lie. My friend Dana could tell you anything in her eyes....her laughter was preceeded by her eyes....And let me tell you, you heard her laughter. Anyways, just a silly thought.

We had gone far enough together to listen easily in the quiet spaces. (storypeople.com)
What is your definition of a quiet space? Mine, one that still causes me saddness being here, were Sunday afternoons with JT. We would sit and watch football or baseball or nothing and just sit. Nothing would be said. We could be quiet and happy and nothing needed to be said. Or when Sarah and I, still in high school, drove out to a creek in the middle of nowhere...but she was scared because the water was running over the bridge and she did not want to get her Doc Martens wet. I carried her piggyback over the creek, and then we sat there. I don't remember what was said or what was wrong or why we were there really. And is what I mean, it was in the being, not the saying, that I remember.

I hope you all liked something from this. Please tell me what you think. Oh, and for you who were wondering, my contact info is below.

Natalie Henderson
Ross University School of Medicine
Portsmouth Campus
PO Box 266
Roseau
Commonwealth of Dominica
West Indies
(706) 534-8934 (US #)
nataliehenderson21@yahoo.com
nataliehenderson@rossmed.edu.dm


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's 3 AM and another night I am up for the day! This is killing me
but anyway I always ck your blog when I can. I love your deep reflextion of life when time seems to stand still you think of the smallest, simplest thing that makes life and the journey so memorible. And how could we do that without friends. Girlfriends are the cheapest and healtiest therapy money can buy. I certainly couldn't live without them.