Wednesday, May 31, 2006


A champion is someone who gets up when he can't.~Jack Dempsey

This is a picture of my husband, JT, and his cousin Jennifer's two daughters, Bailey on the left and Sydney on the right. JT has moved to Louisville, KY to be the head basketball coach at Portland Christian School. It is actually the high school he attended and we are very happy about the move. Being closer to family is something that money, popularity, or being on television can not replace.

Really, I miss JT more than anyone can imagine. Imagine something that makes you so comfortable. So comfortable, in fact, that at the sheer absence of it you feel uncomfortable. Well, waking up without him and not seeing at all is extreme discomfort. I have to engage in positive self talk to overcome this. So, I have come to realize that maybe we need a little discomfort every now and then to realize what we really have. Without this, I may have become one of those women who never really appreciates her husband or what he does for her. Or one of those women who sees her husband as a source of money and gifts rather than the person who makes her heart happy. I say this knowing that we have many more trials to come as a couple, but I feel being separated, though the most difficult time I have ever experienced may, in turn, be the most rewarding thing for my marriage and future family.

Have a good week and I am waiting on those pictures....!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, that picture is so cute!!!!!!!!! I just wanted to say I miss ya and I love ya. I am out of town right now for like a week or so, and I have a wedding this weekend. We are doing our Western Kentucky area tournaments right now, but I will try to call ya when I can. Talk toyou soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!