Saturday, February 18, 2006

It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else's eyes.
Sally Field

So.....maybe you all can enlighten me. I am hanging out with my friend Shruti....my internet was not working and I wanted to listen to JT's game. She said that it was fine for me to listen to her. It is nice to hang out with other people, especially since because my interent does not work, neither does my phone. Anyways...So her neighbor, whom I have only met once, told her I was 'cold.' I am cold because I do not speak everytime I pass her on campus....Am I am a cold person? Maybe, huh. They told Shruti I was mean to her (mean to Shruti) because I told her she should not throw her cigarettes into the grass at her apartment and that she better be careful skipping too much or she would get behind. I guess when I joke straight-faced or give it to someone honestly they do not understand. So now, the other girl refers to me as Snowball because I am 'cold'. Shruti said that she is full of drama not to worry about it and that she, Shruti, was not offended. I should not let people like her bother me, but somehow I do. It makes me evaluate who I am. Am I cold? I don't intend to be if I am. Here is my thing.....why do we as people think so much about other people and what they do wrong?.....Then we wonder why no one understands what we are going through. If we just gave everyone a chance....we do not know what other people are going through so maybe I should say hello to that girl, but maybe that girl has no idea what my life is like and I do not know about hers....Anyways, it is an inner debate. I just had to get it out there.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

To know you is to love and to love you is to know you. They just don't know you. You know what is in your heart and that is what matters. And the people that don't are surely missing out. How sad is that and that is their loss.

Anonymous said...

I think that you let your inner debates get the best of you! I really enjoyed talking to you tonight! I can hardly wait till tomorrow!!!! love you

Anonymous said...

It's surprising how many persons go through life without ever recognizing that their feelings toward other people are largely determined by their feelings toward themselves, and if you're not comfortable within yourself, you can't be comfortable with others

Natalie Henderson said...

I really appreciate your comments. It makes me feel much better. I do wish, however, you would put your names so I would know you thinks so kindly of me.

Anonymous said...

who gives a shit what that bitch says??? sorry mom

Anonymous said...

Gretchen is grounded!!! Natalie if you are a snowball then I am an iceberg. I agree with the comment -to know you is to love you. I would be kind as God requires us to be. Kindness will always win out. Jealousy makes people say things that they really don't mean. First impressions are not always fair. She is really missing out on a special friendship she could have. I want Gretchen to whip her _____ when she comes. Let's see if Gretchen can put some force behind her mouth!! Ha! Love you both.

Anonymous said...

Girls, girls, now let's simmer!!
Joey agrees with Gretch!

Anonymous said...

I feel like I'm back in high-school, even jr. high!!! Just say hi to the girl! Remember,"what would Jesus do". And I agree with the others, to know Natalie is to love her!!!

Anonymous said...

Natalie,I hope you can draw strength and reassurance for the following:

“I praise You that Christ is not a weak person outside me, but a tremendous power inside me…that through Him I am competent to cope with life, to do Your will, to love with Your love, to be more than a conqueror. How I rejoice that I can grow, develop my gifts, enlarge my capacities…that I need not be forever shackled by my past, but that with confidence and joy I can look forward to actually becoming all that You have in mind for me to be.” (scriptures 2 Corinthians 13:3; Philippians 4:13; Romans 8:37) Taken from “31 Days of Praise” by Ruth Myers