Tuesday, January 17, 2006


Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it ought to be done, whether you like it or not; it is the first lesson that ought to be learned; and however early a man's training begins, it is probably the last lesson that he learns thoroughly.
Thomas H. Huxley (1825 - 1895) (I have posted this before and found it be a good one for now as well.)

This picture, tonight just after sunset. is quite depictive of how I often feel. In that, I mean the clouds represent the fears and doubt and loneliess that sometimes sneak to the forefront of my mind and heart. However, the pink and orange and honey-colored light in the background are fighting despartely to get through and conquer the fear, much like in the picture. It was beautiful and vivid in person. The clouds were grayish blue and transluscent.


I have been a bit lazy today. I went over my cell bio notes and was determined to do biochem but his lectures frustrate me so much that I can't get going. We get a new professor tomorrow when we begin discussing DNA structure and replication. That should make it much better. Physio was pretty good today but required more mathematical skills. Adding the mathematics to the conceptual ideas made the ideas much more tangible and easier to understand. I do need to review those notes as well. I did go to the gym today....that was productive. My friend Kim is in the scholars program and they took a quiz today. She then gave me the quiz when she came over. I got 13 out 18. That is not great but not terrible. It did show me that I do need to review some biochemistry concepts. I have learned the back quite well. I would appreciate it sometime to have someone call me and let me tell them about their back... Saying it aloud makes a big difference in the internalization of the material. So if anyone has back pain, I will try to pinpoint the location even though telling why is not in my repoitre. YET.

Tomorrow is my white coat ceremony. I am really excited because it is the formal induction into the medical community of students, teachers, residents, doctors, and beyond. However, it is a bit sad. I wish my family and friends could witness the event. I am going to take pictures of my friends and myself to post on here and email to whomever wants them. I debated on what to wear but I wanted to wear my green stiletos...Because of that, I chose my green shirt set and floral green and blue skirt. I think green is my best color, so at least I will hopefully look good. I will definitely take pictures.

Tonight JT plays Kentucky on ESPN and I GET TO SEE HIM.. I am so excited. It does not come on until 10 here, but I can not wait. I enjoy hearing from you guys. I love you dearly and can't wait to see everyone...OH! I almost forgot. I get to come home five days sooner. My final is the 18th so I am coming home the 20th. I am so jacked....Anyways, have a good night and watch ESPN.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are you doin? I called you twuce and no answer! love you!

Tara said...

Geepers Creepers, Nat! Do you think our guys need to learn how to block out???!!! :)

We pray everything is going well!

Paul and Tara

Anonymous said...

Nat... we saw JT during the Game! Hope you are doing well... wish I could see those Green shoes, please take pics of them for me!

Anonymous said...

i booked my ticket. i will be there at 4:30 on the 13th of march. i cant wait.