Saturday, January 21, 2006


If you ever start feeling like you have the goofiest, craziest, most dysfunctional family in the world, all you have to do is go to a state fair. Because five minutes at the fair, you'll be going, 'you know, we're alright. We are dang near royalty.
Jeff Foxworthy

Isn't that quote so hilarious and so very true....especially if you have been to a state fair in the South (Kentucky, Georgia, Tennessee). The picture to the right is at Jt's game against Ole Miss. He is such a great guy. He called Yvie and asked her if she wanted to bring the kids and Darron to the game. It makes me love him so much more to know that he will go out of his way, despite the fact that he is busy, to do things for my friends even when I am not there. That makes me feel so overwhelmed with love for him. So anyways, that is my friend Yvie (yvette), her three kids (Tyler, the little one, Kerilynn, the girl in the pink, and Brandon, whose next to JT), Darron, and his son DJ. It makes me so happy to pictures of them in almost real time. It allows me to imagine them there and having fun and laughing. Granted it makes me miss everyone, yet it gives me peace that life is happy and normal, going on as it should.

I did end up going to the beach yesterday. It was not very sunny so tanning was not an objective. My objective was actually to exercise. I did not swim laps or anything like that. However, swiming casually out and back along with fighting the undertow was enough. The sand was black because the island was formed on a volcano, thus making the sand black like the remnant ashes. The beach is called Bell Hall but don't ask me why. It is about a ten minute drive and we got a nice transport driver to take us and pick us up.

I did do something quite silly last night. I had every intention of getting up and going to Ross Christian fellowship at eleven this morning which is about right now. However, last night I started taking notes from my enzyme lecture and could not stop once I started. Therefore, I did not see the bed till 3am, meaning I did not get up till 10:45....I am going to start some reading now. Call me or email me pictures! Monday is my mom's birthday. Everyone call her 931 881 1255, her number at work, so don't forget....it is special birthday but I won't tell her age....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sylvia (Natalie's Mother) is THE BIG FIVE O!!! Yep she is 5O!! F I V E O!! Don't be too hard on her people she is an awesome person with style and grace. So put on your big girl panties on and suck it up!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SYLVIA!!