Wednesday, November 09, 2005


This is my husband, JT, and I. I wanted to load this picture because it is one of my favorites. JT and I were going to Kyle May's, a guy from Stanford, KY, wedding. My husband is such a fun, great guy. Leaving him will be really difficult but long term benefits outweigh short term hardships.

Anyway, I am still preparing all the items for my voyage to Dominica and RUSM. On Friday I have to get a $40.00 international money order and passport photos so that my immigration packet will be complete. That packet is a lot of work in and of itself. Plus, I have to get all of my school supplies. You really do not realize the cost and weight of things like binders, pencils, and staplers until you have to watch every pound of what you take. Yes, that is right. There is a weight limit. Seventy pounds total...checked baggage and forty pounds for carry on. That is crazy. I could pack that much in clothes. Now I have to deal with supplies and a computer and other necessities....
I guess in the end it will all be worth it. I know that it will be but it will be a long road.
I am at work which is Medlink Winder Pediatrics, for those of you who do not know. We have not been that busy today. Plenty of flu shots and sick kids but that is it. We, Yvette and I, are trying to catch up after being off for a few days each. She is not happy that I will be gone for five days to St. Thomas on the Virgin Islands...which brings up another interesting point. On my desk calender, the days I will be in St. Thomas are on two separate lines. The top line says Natalie= Virgin while the second line only says Islands. After I left the office yesterday, Dr. Hilton, the young, white, conservative pediatrician, says to Yvette," Natalie equals virgin?" Yvette, laughing, said,"Hell no, she is not a virgin..." Quite funny if you ask me but it does show important context can be....
Well, I am going to go.. Later...

No comments: