Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sorry it has been awhile....

It has been about a week or more since my last post. Last Sunday, I headed to Knoxville, TN for a month long rotation in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. I am staying with sister, Gretchen, and the internet has not been great....thus not posting. I am coming home on the weekends to hang out with JT.

So far, the rotation is going well. The field, PMR, has multiple focuses. It encompasses everything from stroke patients, spinal cord injuries, amputees, head injuries....Also, I am going to spend some time with the pediatric rehab doc. She cares for newborns with a variety of disabilities, children with cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy and such. I am very excited about that.

Living with my sister has been good as well. It is cold because she lives in an older, spacious apartment that is hard to heat. I have enjoyed spending time with her and her friends. She started classes this week so our schedules do not really line up. Nevertheless, it is good to see her.

I hope to post some day this week if I get a chance!

No comments: