Monday, August 11, 2008

Love...

So I do not have much to say today. Nothing big happened at work while I was covering the floor, just sitting. Right after I left, there were two c-sections and one vaginal delivery. I ate lunch with Paige, my friend from this rotation. One of the residents has taken to calling her Gail and me Nancy. And not jokingly....she really calls us that. How crazy is that. It is ridiculous and has now become a joke. Anyways, that is about it from today.

I found this poem saved onto my hard drive. Appropriate for my anniversary. It was quoted in Patch Adams, the Robin Williams movie. It is quite beautiful.

I do not love you as you were salt-rose or topaz,
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and soul.

I love you as the plant that was never blooms,
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so I love because I know no other way than this.

Where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep

No comments: