Monday, February 04, 2008


Well, Dad and Terri left this morning and JT is coming home. I had a great visit with my dad and Terri. Friday I took them to Gradisca, my favorite Italian restaurant. Other than my poor choice of an appetizer, the dinner was fabulous. My favorite, of course, was the creme brulee, which had bits of pear and chocolate mixed in. Delicious, if I must say so myself, though not suitable for my diet....but we make exceptions for special weekends....Saturday we went to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Afterwards, we had a low key afternoon hanging out and watching old movies together. I watched Legends of the Fall, and oooohhhh Brad Pitt. It was a nice movie, despite Brad Pitt. On Sunday, Terri and I went for a walk around Astoria, did a little shopping and picked up lunch. I got Dad and I some sushi from one of my favorite places, JJ's here in Astoria. However, on Sunday night, last night, we went to a Broadway show. We had drinks at Carmine's before the show and ate dinner there afterwards. The play was really great. It was so much of a spectacle performance. The music was not like that of say Phantom but the entire performance as a whole was amazing. We had a great time...I enjoyed the entire weekend. I know JT enjoyed his time home....I am just looking forward to hear about once he gets here.

I got off work early today so I went to the gym and came home. I thought JT would be earlier but his flight was delayed for some reason or another. So I thought I would watch a movie rather than mindless TV. And, even more, I decided against a mindless movie....I have never seen Shawshank Redemption so I thought it was about time...I am about an hour into it and it is good thus far. My friend David Hafley always tried to make me watch it in high school but I never did or wouldn't....regardless, I am doing it now. I am nearly in tears, though, because Brooks hung himself and I just have a huge knot in my throat.

Times Square was really interesting last night...as you could see, the Giants WON!!!!! So they were showing the game on the huge jumbo-trons (is that a word?) on both ends of Times Square and every screen in between. There were a lot of people cheering and carrying on in the streets...it was very "New York"....

I hope everyone has a great week.

post signature

No comments: